- Best Lawyers in America © 2017 – 23rd Edition – Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers in America © 2016 – 22nd Edition – Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers in America © 2015 – 21st Edition – Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- 2013-2017 Michigan Super Lawyer – Top 25 Women Business Lawyers in Michigan
- 2013-2017 Michigan Super Lawyer – Top 50 Business Lawyers in Michigan
- 2013-2017 Michigan Super Lawyer - Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan (Business Litigation)
- 2011-2017 Michigan Super Lawyer – Top 50 Women in Michigan
(Business Litigation and Professional Liability)
- Michael E. Lee Memorial Award Recognizing Diversity by the OCBA – 2017
- Leading Lawyers Magazine - Leading Lawyer including top 10 Women Business Lawyers and Top 10 Women Lawyers – 2017
- Crain’s Detroit Notable Woman Lawyer – 2017
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly – Women in the Law – 2011
Award given to twenty women in the State of Michigan in 2011.
- Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit 2012-2017 – DBusiness magazine
- Oakland County Bar Association – 2011 Pro Bono Service Award
- National Association of Bar Executives (NABE) Lexis/Nexis Community & Educational Outreach Award, August 2011 for the OCBA Pro Bono Mentor Match Program created as OCBA president
- Crain’s Business – 2010 “40 Under 40”
Honors the best and brightest in Southeast Michigan who have made their marks in business before the age of 40.
- 2007 Michigan Super Lawyer – Professional Liability Defense
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly: 2004 Up and Coming Lawyers
Award given to only five lawyers in the State of Michigan in 2004 Detroit
- Speaker, The Institute of Continuing Legal Education: "Serve on a Non-Profit Board" (November 21, 2017)
- Faculty, The Institute of Continuing Legal Education: “Depositions Skills Workshop” (May 19, 2014)
- Panelist, National Conference of Bar Presidents, ABA Mid-Year Meeting (February 7, 2014): “Win-Win: Matching Unmet Legal Needs with Available Legal Talent.”
- Panelist, State Bar of Michigan Bar Leadership Forum (June 2012): “Running an Effective Meeting”
- Faculty, The Institute of Continuing Legal Education: “Depositions Skills Workshop” (May 6-8, 2012)
- Speaker – American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) - Novi Oaks Chapter (March 9, 2011): “Lessons Learned Competing in a Male Dominated Profession”
- Michigan Association of Justice Speaker – Rapid Fire Seminar “Top Ten (11) Ways to Avoid Being a Legal Malpractice Defendant” (May 9, 2008)
- MTLA Speaker – Rapid Fire Seminar “Winning Non-Economic Damages in Mold Litigation” (May 12, 2006)
- Speaker – “Toxic Mold in Michigan Schools” – seminar sponsored by Sommers Schwartz, Michael B. Serling, P.C. and Philip J. Goodman, P.C., (June 2005)
- MTLA Speaker – Medical Malpractice Seminar “Making the Case Against the Resident: The Resident Standard of Care” (November 7, 2003)
- MTLA Speaker – Rapid Fire Seminar “Mold Creates a New Cause of Action – Failure to Diagnose Sick Homes” (May 11, 2001)
- Guest Speaker, Due Process Television Show “Environmental Law” (October 23, 2001)
- Speaker, Lorman Business Institute, Solving Water Intrusion and Mold Problems in Michigan (Feb. 27, 2002)
- Speaker, Lorman Business Institute, Solving Water Intrusion and Mold Problems in Michigan (2/11/03)
- Speaker, The Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Re: Mold Matters – Evaluating a Case – A Reality Check (March 25, 2003)
- Author, American Bar Association, the Young Lawyer (May, 2012): “Mentor Match Program is a Win-Win for Legal Community”
- Monthly President’s Page in the OCBA magazine Laches, August 2010-June 2011; also published in the Oakland County Legal News: “OCBA Update”
- Featured in Michigan Lawyers Weekly (January 19, 2009): “Seeking Someone to Blame: As Real Estate Deals Fail, More Losers Sue Lawyers”
- Michigan Air & Waste Management Association re: Mold – Inspections, Liability and Insurance Issues (May 16, 2002)
- Author, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association White Paper Series “Making the Case Against the Resident- the Resident Standard of Care in Michigan” – July 2004
- Author, “Mold Grows in Michigan”, Negligence Law Section Quarterly (Spring 2001)
- Author, “Mold Creates New Cause of Action: Failure to Diagnose Sick Homes” MTLA Quarterly, Winter 2001
Jennifer M. Grieco concentrates her practice in the area of complex commercial litigation. Her experience encompasses a broad range of commercial disputes with a particular emphasis on business tort claims including professional malpractice, contract claims, construction litigation and coverage claims.
Jennifer possesses more than 20 years of trial experience and has been awarded multiple high-profile verdicts and arbitration awards. She has also been granted summary judgment/disposition on numerous occasions in favor of her clients as both the plaintiff and the defendant.
Jennifer is a 1993 graduate of the University of Toledo and a 1997 cum laude and order of the coif graduate of the University of Toledo, College of Law, where she served as Note and Comment Editor of the University of Toledo Law Review.
Routinely recognized for her accomplishments and contributions to the legal profession, Jennifer was named one of only five Up & Coming Lawyers for 2004 by Michigan Lawyers Weekly. She has been recognized by Super Lawyers in 2007, 2010-2017, including recognition in 2011-2017 as one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers; as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in 2013-2017; one of the Top 50 Business Lawyers in 2013-2017; and one of the Top 25 Women Business Lawyers in Michigan 2013-2017. She was included in The Best Lawyers in America© for 2015-2017 and recognized as a dbusiness Top Lawyer in 2012-2017. In 2017, Jennifer was named a Leading Lawyer in Leading Lawyers Magazine for 2017, including top 10 Women Business Lawyers and Top 10 Women Lawyers. She was also recognized as a Notable Woman Lawyer by Crain's Detroit in 2017.
In 2010, Jennifer was also named to Crain’s Detroit Business‘ annual “40 Under 40″ list, based on business achievements and community impact and in 2011, she recognized by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as a “Woman in the Law.” In 2011, the Legal Aid and Defender Association Inc., presented Jennifer with the Pro Bono Service Award of the Oakland County Bar Association (OCBA) for her work in establishing the OCBA Pro Bono Mentor Match Program. The OCBA Pro Bono Mentor Match Program won both the LexisNexis Community Education Outreach Award at the American Bar Association’s annual meeting in August, 2011 and the State Bar of Michigan’s Kimberly M. Cahill Award for bar leadership in September, 2012.
A frequent speaker and published author, Jennifer is a past President of the Oakland County Bar Association (2010-2011), after serving as a member of the Board of Directors from 2004-2010. In 2011, she won a contested seat on the State Bar of Michigan Board of Commissioners (“BOC”) in District I, representing Oakland County. She was recently reelected to the BOC in 2014 and was elected to serve as President-Elect for the BOC for 2017-2018, while previously serving as Vice President for the BOC for the 2016-2017 bar year, Secretary for the BOC for the 2015-2016 bar year and Treasurer for the BOC for the 2014-2015 bar year.
Jennifer also serves as a member of the State Bar of Michigan Negligence Council, the American Bar Association, and the Michigan Association for Justice. She previously served as President of the Oakland County Region of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan from 2003-2004 and Chair of the New Lawyers Committee of the OCBA from 2012-2016. Jennifer was also awarded the Michael E. Lee Memorial Award Recognizing Diversity by the OCBA in October, 2017.
Jennifer is a passionate advocate and relishes the opportunity to fight for her clients in all aspects of litigation but especially trial or arbitration. With that said, she also strives to provide her clients with efficient legal services that appreciates the client’s desire to conserve legal resources and expend those resources as necessary to achieve the ultimate strategic goal.